Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Destination: Vacation



Test Number One - Easter weekend: PASSED.


Test Number Two - Spring Break Vacation: IN PROGRESS

I'm leaving tomorrow for our Spring Break Vacation. We'll be out of town for five days. The destination spot we have chosen is a location that we frequent, and it's a spot that, as with most vacation spots, is known for delicious foods, and I'm not talking about amazing Brussels sprouts.

Admittedly, this is going to take some courage, and will power, and manipulation. I'm not going to be able to go and have cocktails, steak and dessert. But, with the right balancing of calories, I may be able to have water, a small lean steak and a few bites of a dessert - and still feel like I'm getting to take full advantage of the foods that I love to enjoy while away.

I refuse to go on vacation and feel deprived. But more so, I refuse to go on vacation and set myself back in my journey. I am taking my scale. I'm watching my weight. I'm going to adjust as necessary. I'm making sure I get plenty of activity in addition to the much needed relaxation. And yes, I am going to make mostly healthy choices.

I have set my boundaries. I'm approaching this vacation with an 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, I will make awesome choices, stick to lean proteins, complex carbs, and stay away from over-processed, bleached white flour, simple sugars, etc. And I'm allowing 20% wiggle room, to permit those little indulgences that I simply can't resist. I will control those by using good old fashioned portion control.

I'm not sure how frequently I'll be posting during my vacation, but Monday is weigh in day and I'm SO EXCITED for it to get here already! That scale won't lie about my time away - and for me that's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment