Thursday, April 1, 2010

Uphill Battle Begins: Measurements and Weigh In

Here come my starting weight and measurements:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 278.6
BMI: 42.3
Waist: 49.25
Hips: 59
Chest: 49
Right Arm: 16
Left Arm: 16
Right Thigh: 28
Left Thigh: 28

So I must admit, this is my body. And I'm so totally disgusted and freaked out to see that in black and white. Who has measurements like that? Whose hips are only nine inches smaller than her height? This girl. That's who.

But, at the same time, it's so motivational. Because I can say that I NEVER want to see those numbers like that again. I never want to see my thighs measuring where I want my waist to be. I never want to do these measurements again and be ashamed.

I'm ready to bring on the progress. I'm ready to bring on the work. I'm ready to bring on the sexy. And I can't wait to do this again in a month. And then lather, rinse, repeat...until I have the measurements that exceed my expectations. I'm ready. Are you?

5 comments:

  1. You're so brave for posting all that. I don't have the nerve to do it. good for you! you know you're more than welcome to come walk with me. Since it's hot outside I love having a place I can walk inside!! Keep up the good work. I need some motivation!! I got the exercising down but i need to now watch what I eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel brave, but I'm definitely motivated! We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey anonymous, soon we'll have a guest blogger talking about foodie stuff. May be a good source of inspiration for ya! Have a specific question? Shout it out and we'll see how we can help! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the weight and inches begin to fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave you are indeed...sometimes you just need to see those numbers in black and white to motivate you! I applaud you lady! I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete