Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Feel the Need...the Need for Caffeine


Back on December the 31st of 2009 I took my last drink of caffeine. I was one that would actually start first thing in the morning drinking Diet Mt. Dew and then continue to drink it off on throughout the day.


Well on December 31st that all changed and I made a commitment to give up caffeine and now I drink somewhere close to a gallon of water every day.


Now I will say that first week was rough. I was fortunate enough to not experience any of the headaches that typically come with giving up caffeine, but every evening that first week I would feel like I had hit a wall. Just felt run down and exhausted. After that first week though, I have never felt better! Believe it or not a lot of the morning pain that I would experience from playing basketball or some other activity the day before went away.


I have now begun the exercise program called P90X. I am now going on my second week in the program and granted it is a tough program, but well worth the effort. I have changed a lot of my eating habits and again have never felt better!!


So if caffeine dependence is an area you struggle in I encourage you to try and kick the habit! You will feel a lot better if you do and it will be worth it in the long run!!


Decide. Commit. Succeed. Bring It!!

1 comment: