Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Somehow Already Stronger

Week 2, Day 2 of P90X Lean


Today's workout was CardioX, which is a little sampling of several of the other workouts. After only eight days completed, I'm surprised at how much more accomplished I am in a lot of these exercises. I'm finding myself able to push a little harder, stretch a little further, and complete a little more than the last time I attempted it.


The first week that I did the workouts, I did everything I could just to get through the dvd, and I didn't really keep up with what I specifically could or could not accomplish, but I do remember feeling like I was marching or jogging in place around 10% of the time.


This week, I attempted every single exercise, and was able to accomplish at the very least a modified version of every single exercise with the exception of The Dreya Roll, which my gimpy knee completely prevents. So for that one minute of the workout only, I marched. For every other minute, I was doing the movements, in one form or fashion.


I'm continuing to look for new ways to encourage, push, and motivate myself to work harder, eat healthier, and consistently make better choices. One tiny thing I've done, is I have added a small pink bracelet to my right wrist. My children are on board with Silly Bandz mania. One of the sets we have acquired is the "pets" set. I have taken the little pink pig from that set (seen right) and added it to my wrist, just as a visual reminder that nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
I'm also trying to think of some visual way to mark the pounds lost on this journey. I'm toying with something along the lines of a paper chain or marbles in a jar. But I'm still brainstorming around it. I'm open to suggestions if anyone is a creative bug out there. :)
I continue to look forward to what tomorrow brings. I'm doing this. I'm REALLY doing this. And I'll say it again and again ... if I can do this, YOU can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment